Cancellation Refund - Medical
Receive a full refund of airfare and taxes in the event of sudden illness, death or hospitalisation of yourself or a close relative, prior to departure.
How it works
Add the product to your booking.
Contact us to request flight cancellation.
For this product you will only be covered in the event of sudden illness, death or hospitalisation of yourself or a close relative. (We use the term “close relative” to refer to a husband, wife, partner, child or grandchild, brother, sister and a parent or grandparent.)
Receive a full refund of airfare and taxes.
- While some airlines may give you a partial refund in the event of sudden illness, hospitalisation or death, we guarantee a full refund of airfare and taxes.
- Should you wish to travel without cancellation protection, you might forfeit the full cost of your flight as some airlines do not issue a refund for the above events.
- You are protected against unforeseen and unwanted experiences that may result in a further loss of money.
- Low processing fees apply.
Terms and conditions
- The product must be purchased at the time of booking your ticket. It is not possible to add it afterwards.
- The product and processing fees are charged per person.
- A processing fee per person could be payable upfront in order to process your refund.
- The product is only valid for flights cancelled before outbound travel has commenced. You will not be covered if you wish to cancel a flight during your journey, or after a flight has already been flown.
- To qualify for the full refund of airfare and taxes due to medical cancellation, official proof of medical incapacitation (i.e. hospital bill, medical report or admission form) or death certificate needs to be sent to Travelstart within a week of cancellation.
- We also need proof of relation (in the form of a certified affidavit) should the last name of the traveller not correspond with the ill person.
- To qualify for the refund of airfare and taxes, the refund needs to be requested at least 12 hours prior to departure.
- Should you be refunded, we will only refund the airfare and taxes. We will not refund any extra costs from your booking.
- Please note that processing time of your refund can take 6 – 8 weeks.
- This service does not cover airline cancellation, liquidation / suspension, car or hotel reservations.
Did you find this information useful?