Flight Date Change and Medical Cancellation Refund
Worried that a possible change in plans can affect your flight? This product allows you to change the date of your flight up to 24 hours prior to departure without paying penalty and rebooking fees and if you need to cancel for medical reasons, we'll give you a full refund of airfare and taxes.
Add the product to your booking
Submit a date change or cancellation request
If you (or any other passenger in the booking) need to change the date of a flight, contact us with your new proposed date. We’ll find a new flight for your dates and waiver all airline penalty fees. Should there be any difference in the airfare and tax, you’ll be responsible for covering the costs. If you need to cancel your flight you will only be covered in the event of sudden illness, death or hospitalisation of yourself or a close relative. (We use the term “close relative” to refer to a husband, wife, partner, child or grandchild, brother, sister and a parent or grandparent.)
Your request will be processed and changes will be confirmed
If you change the date of the flight, you will receive an amended itinerary. If you cancel the flight, you will receive confirmation of cancellation.
- If you need to change the date of your flight, airlines usually charge a penalty fee that could cost more than your original ticket. With this product, you will not be required to pay airline penalties.
- You will get a free date change if we find a different flight that’s within the same fare and cabin class of your original booking.
- If you are flexible with travel dates, we’ll help you find the most affordable alternative flight.
- Each passenger in the booking is entitled to a date change.
- If you book a return domestic flight you can change the dates of either your outbound or inbound flight.
- Date changes can be requested up to 24 hours prior to departure.
- While some airlines may give you a partial refund in the event of sudden illness, hospitalisation or death, we guarantee a full refund of airfare and taxes.
- Should you wish to travel without this product, you might forfeit the full cost of your flight as some airlines do not issue a refund for the above events.
- You are protected against unforeseen and unwanted experiences that may result in a further loss of money.
Terms and Conditions
Flight date change
- Should there be no seats available in the same fare and cabin class of your original booking or there has been an increase in taxes, you will be required to pay the difference between the fare classes only and/or difference in taxes.
- For international travel, you will only receive one date change. All changes must be done PRIOR to original departure date on the ticket.
- For domestic travel, you will receive one for your outbound flight and one for your inbound flight. Changes must be done prior to departure of outbound or inbound travel.
- You can change your travel to any date within the validity of your ticket (can vary between 1 – 6 months).
- The product does not include rerouting, stopovers, no-shows and extending the validity of the ticket.
- Changes to origin/destination airports and traveller names are not permitted.
- You will not be covered if you wish to change the airline.
- Date changes will be done during business hours, and must be requested at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- New date must be later than 24 hours from the time of the date change request.
- Flights must be used in the order they were originally booked.
Medical Cancellation Refund
- Medical Cancellation Protection must be purchased at the time of booking your ticket. It is not possible to add it afterwards.
- The product and processing fees are charged per person.
- A processing fee per person could be payable upfront in order to process your refund.
- The product is only valid for flights cancelled before outbound travel has commenced. You will not be covered if you wish to cancel a flight during your journey, or after a flight has already been flown.
- To qualify for the full refund of airfare and taxes due to medical cancellation, official proof of medical incapacitation (i.e. hospital bill, medical report or admission form) or death certificate needs to be sent to Travelstart within a week of cancellation.
- We also need proof of relation (in the form of a certified affidavit) should the last name of the traveller not correspond with the ill person.
- To qualify for the refund of airfare and taxes, the refund needs to be requested at least 48 hours prior to departure.
- Should you be refunded, we will only refund the airfare and taxes. We will not refund any extra costs from your booking.
- Please note that processing time of your refund can take 6 – 8 weeks.
- This service does not cover airline cancellation, liquidation / suspension, car or hotel reservations.